This policy describes how Eva Essence USA, Inc. (collectively, “Eva Essence”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares the information we obtain from you online and in store.
What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information we collect:
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Registering on our website||Name and e-mail address|
|Purchasing on our website||Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and telephone number|
|Beauty Insider Membership||Name, full birthday, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address|
|Eva Essence Community||Any information about yourself that you choose to submit or post as part of your Eva Essence Community membership or that relates to your activities in the Eva Essence Community such as your: nickname, number of Beauty Insider followers, Instagram/YouTube handles, personal characteristics such as a description “about you,” skin tone and type, skin concerns, hair color and type, hair concerns, eye color, Color IQ, age range, groups, conversations, photographs, videos, and product reviews.|
|Sweepstakes and contests||Name, e-mail address, and age|
|Product Availability Notifications||Name and e-mail address|
|Product Replenishment||Name and telephone number|
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
In addition, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Flash Cookies.
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.
- Web server logs.
- Geo-location technologies.
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Eva Essence primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history, suggest products, and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Eva Essence may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Eva Essence may share certain personal information with its affiliates (including parent company, sister companies and subsidiaries including Eva Essence, Inc.)
- We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, text messages, and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. We share U.S. client e-mail activity data with Epsilon Data Management, LLC (“Epsilon”) to help Epsilon better target e-mail deployments to consumers for marketing purposes. While Epsilon has a license from Eva Essence to use e-mail addresses and e-mail activity data in its application, Epsilon does not share e-mail addresses or any specific e-mail activity data with other third parties that are not Eva Essence service providers (although Epsilon may share aggregate/non-specific activity data). Should you wish to opt out of this sharing, you simply need to opt out of e-mail communications from us.
- If you apply for a Beauty Insider Membership, or use your Beauty Insider Membership, at a Eva Essence Inside JCPenney store that is operated by JCPenney, we may share your personal information with JCPenney. We may also share your personal information with JCPenney in the event we suspect you are violating our terms or engaging in fraudulent behavior as it relates to our business. JCPenney has agreed that any information that it collects in this manner will be used only to administer the Beauty Insider Program, for internal analysis to make your shopping experience better, to monitor fraudulent or suspicious behavior, and to help us communicate with you better. JCPenney does not use this information for direct marketing purposes.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service, including financial institutions, such as if we offer you a Eva Essence branded payment card. These joint marketing partners may only use this information to market and offer Eva Essence-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses. Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, Eva Essence’s joint marketing partners may share your personal information with us to better serve you.
- If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- ’s online social community (“Community”) allows you to participate in Eva Essence Groups, Eva Essence Conversations, the Eva Essence Gallery, to provide Ratings & Reviews, and to receive product recommendations. If you have previously registered for a Eva Essence account and selected a nickname, a public Profile page containing your nickname, Beauty Insider status, and past contributions to Eva Essence’s public forums will be automatically generated for you on or about July 12, 2017 and will be visible to everyone. This is content that already exists on Eva Essence public platforms, but it is now being organized into one centralized place for your reference. If you have not previously registered for a Eva Essence account and selected a nickname as indicated above, you can only create a public Profile page if you affirmatively choose to be a part of Community. Some of the information you provide in association with the Community can be seen by everyone on your Profile and some information can only be seen by you on your Profile, as indicated below:
|Seen by You and Everyone else on your Profile||Seen Only by You on your Profile|
|Profile and banner photo or default Eva Essence avatar|
|# of Beauty Insiders that you follow and that follow you|
|Beauty Insider status|
|“About You” content created by you|
|Your Instagram/Youtube handles shared by you|
|Skin tone and type, hair color and type, eye color, Color IQ, age range||Personal traits such as skin concerns* and hair concerns*|
|My Groups||Featured Groups|
|My Recent Conversations||Featured Conversations|
|My Looks (photos and videos)||Featured Looks|
|My Recent Reviews|
|Review Recent Purchases|
|Products Recommended For You|
|*Even though your skin concerns and hair concerns are only visible to you on your Profile, they will be visible to everyone else on the product page if you submit a Rating & Review.|
For more information about Community, see our .
- Eva Essence may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
- Eva Essence may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Eva Essence, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Eva Essence may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
Eva Essence may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your Options||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account||You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page, calling 1-877-Eva Essence, or visiting a Eva Essence or Eva Essence Inside JCPenney store and speaking with a representative.|
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail preferences on your “My Account” page. Please call 1-877-Eva Essence to discontinue receiving material by mail.|
|Behavioral Based Advertising||You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by clicking or by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.|
|Remove content from user review||You can remove content that you posted on a Eva Essence public space, such as part of a Ratings & Review. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.|
|Eva Essence Community||You can remove some of your Eva Essence Community activity by emailing Customer Service.|
|Receiving Text Messages||When Eva Essence sends you a text, you can reply “STOP” to stop receiving text messages from Eva Essence.|
|Updated Credit Card Information||If you have given Eva Essence permission to store your credit card information and your credit card issuer provides an account updater service, we may receive updated credit card information from the issuer (through third party service providers), including updated credit card number and expiry date. If you don’t want merchants like Eva Essence to receive your updated credit card information please contact your card issuer.|
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICES
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or on Community. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site or on Community (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
Changes To This Policy
1 “Cookies” are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.↩
2 Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.↩
3 Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.↩
4 Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.↩
5 Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.↩